Sunday, November 2, 2008

Satay...Intestines?

Went to SS2 Hawker Centre recently. The place hasn't change a bit since the last time I was there, about one year ago.

I have to walk up and down the centre in search for food although there are like 50 stalls there selling maybe about hundred types of food! Spoilt for choice lah! Then I saw this satay stall mend by a chinese couple ( could be husband & wife or brother & sister, well I didn't ask) and I was kind of surprise as normally satay is sold by Malays.



A Chinese satay stall. The best thing is they have got 'pork' satay! What really caught my attention is the 'intestine' satay. They are made of pig's intestine. Knowing how chewy pig's intestine can get if not cooked properly, I wonder how this recipe would be. I've got to have this intestine satay.



I'd say they are good...the intestine is tender and tasted just like satay (eh, wouldn't be called satay for no reason right?) Something different from the normal satay that I've eaten. For RM0.60 per stick, I would say they are not cheap but what the hack, don't eat so much lor.

By the way, they also have pork, chicken, beef and mutton satay. All sold at RM0.60 per stick.
Chicken wings too at RM1.90 per piece. ( a bit expensive I think)

No comments: